Skewers, kebabs, kabobs, food on a stick, whatever you want to call them, they’re fast and fun…especially if you prep them in advance. Let’s face it, threading meat and veggies on a stick is a bit labour intensive and not something most look forward to doing on a busy weeknight. Marinate meat 1-2 days before grilling, and thread onto skewers ahead of time. Simply grill when you need it.
Perfectly Balance Your Plate
Serve with 1⁄2 cup rice and 2 cups leafy greens with 1 tbsp prepared Epicure Salad Dressing, your choice.
1⁄4 cup pineapple juice
1 tbsp oil + more for brushing
2 medium peaches
1 bell pepper
1 lb (450 g) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, about 2
1 cup fresh pineapple chunks
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Lightly brush with oil to prevent sticking.
- In a large bowl, whisk together seasoning, juice, and oil.
- Cut peaches and pepper into 1 1⁄2" pieces. Cut chicken into 1" cubes. Add to bowl with sauce. Stir to coat evenly. If you have extra time, let stand for 10 min to marinate.
- Thread fruit, veggies and chicken onto skewers.
- Grill skewers, with lid closed, 8–10 min; rotate often, or until chicken is cooked through.
Per serving: Calories 280, Fat 9 g (Saturated 3.5 g, Trans 0 g), Cholesterol 65 mg, Sodium 480 mg, Carbohydrate 24 g (Fibre 4 g, Sugars 15 g), Protein 25 g.
Swap fresh pineapple with canned pineapple chunks; whisk in reserved juice from the can with the seasoning.
Thread chicken, peaches, peppers, and pineapple separately onto their own skewer(s). Pull the skewers from the grill as they’re cooked and serve family-style, letting everyone help themselves.
No pineapple juice? Swap it out for orange juice.
Shop This Recipe
Tropical Pineapple Chicken Seasoning (Pack of 3)
Grill Boss Skewers (Set of 6)